Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Man uses 35 cable modems to provide WiFi, sued

I wonder if Comcast recovers any of the money it's looking for if they will give any to the Technician who found and reported it? I doubt if he even gets a at-a-boy from anyone but his supervisor if that. The tech will probably get laid off in the next round of job cuts.

The whole thing is just like the old days. If your neighbor has cable you can have cable just put this splitter on his drop and run your own. I found a guy once that got under his neighbors trailer put in his Radio Shack 4 way splitter then buried the line across 2 yard's and hooked up to his ground block.

Stupid bastard called in after his neighbor moved out to complain that he had no service after the disconnect was done. He tried to pass himself off as the guy that moved, then went into the wrong trailer. I started to trace out the line to make sure the installer disconnected the right drop at the ped. When I found the splitter under the trailer and pulled up on the extra line it ran straight back to his place. I knocked on the door but he would not answer I could hear him inside sounded like a rat in a tin can. I took every piece of cable and every splitter I could find off both trailers. Don't know if he ever got hooked up legally.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #250108. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdea
Posted in reply to: Man uses 35 cable modems to provide WiFi, sued by by FiberSlasher
There is 1 reply to this message