Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: United Communication looking for more people b

OK guys here's the story...
Back in the good old days of cable I was subbing for a company in a Comcast system in Redondo Beach. The contractor bugged out leaving an office empty except old papers. They owed us about 3 weeks of work. The system manager was sympathetic but said Comcast said "too bad".
My partner and I filed "Intent to place lien" (California law - not sure about elsewhere) and notified the 300 or so people we had installed. It took all of two days before some corporate creep asked to meet with us. We told him we would file the liens AND notify the local paper, local TV and the telecommunications dept of the City of Redondo Beach (who controls the franchise). I simply told him to cover the billed labor or we would be sure to cost them more than 10 times that in bad publicity.
So for the cost of mailing an intent to place lien...not filing an actual lien itself I got Comcast to bend over.
In the case of dish stuff you need to directly to Dish or Direct legal departments. Don't let them place shady contractors in your way. You did the work for them and it's up to them to straighten it out. The last resort is to file the lien - but you will eventually get your money
Good Luck
This is CABL.com posting #250091. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbddT
Posted in reply to: Re: United Communication looking for more people b by superchop7
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: United Communication looking for more people b superchop7 4/10/2009 6:10:46 PM