Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A simple explanation

Poor,poor Obama. The problems were around all during the campaign, they didn't just happen the day before the inauguration. He received daily briefings for the White House after the election. If he was not up to it, he should have walked away.

And as far as following Obama, why does any one wish to do so? Name me something, anything he has accomplished. A law he wrote, a business he successfully started and ran. He is a great orator (with the teleprompter) but again, actions speak louder than words. What has he done?

And the media is in his pocket. The speach he gave in Berlin was hailed as his wild popularity in Europe ( by the way, who cares what Europe thinks about our president ) there were a few details left out. Immediatly after his speech, there was a concert with 2 very popular european bands playing AND free food and beer was being given out. Knowing that kind of takes the tarnish off doesn't it.

I do not wish Obama ill. But I do not like the policies he has stated. He is trying to create a nanny state. In my opinion during the campaign, he chased and accepted "help" from so many fringe groups, and we all know they want to see a return on their investment. It is politics as usual, no hope, no change, politics. How do you ask for cap and trade right now when even Obama stated he does not know how it will all go together. In a year were the projected deficit is almost 2 TRILLION dollars, he asks to set aside 600 + billion for "a down payment" on national healthcare. Gee, I am bearly keeping my business together right now, but he wants to borrow (yes it does have to paid back eventually) 2 trillion dollars and start programs that no one fully understands yet. Reality check please.

And I really still want to know what specific article of the Constitution allows the US Government to run a national healthcare fund. And while we are at it, where does it allow them to own parts of companies, but toxic (legacy) assets, allow Turbo Tax Tim to take over companies HE decides he should and my pet peive, have an education dept. The pols in Washington are running amok. When are we going to rein it in? We all have the power to do it. Vote. Every election, every candidate, not by party affliation but by who is the best person for the job. And if they let you down, fire them and start over again and again until the pointy headed idiots get it. It is our country, not the governments!
This is CABL.com posting #249748. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbc8m
Posted in reply to: Re: A simple explanation by Gwester843
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: A simple explanation rpaetzold 4/8/2009 10:27:07 AM