Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Everyone needs to stop working for low rates

Brother Brikshy, not all installers are worthless. Some actually know what they are doing out there. Unfortunately those that knew what they were doing and took pride in their work product got the eff out when the MSO's started screwing us into the ground. Now because you can better support a family on welfare rather than working 7 days a week, 14 hours a day and hope the less then meager check you might get from some of the theiving primes out there will take care of you and yours. All you have left for the most part are worthless hacks and walking braindead thinking "ooh ooh I'm a broadband and telecomm technician" it's just pitiful now days.

The short sighted MSO's have basically shot themselves in both feet because the lack of quality people out there just can't deliver a quality product for the consumer and they are turning else where for their media. I left my local cable company as a customer because the product has become annoying to watch or use. I had numerous in house techs to my home who after they check my house for leakage or noise and they find none simply refer it to OSP with out even checking anything else. 2 months after I switched to FiOS they come back to me and offer to pay my early termination fee, give me all of the services I had before for 1/2 of what I was paying them. I looked at the woman going door to door and said "hey, the price point sounds great, but have you fixed the problems that made me leave to begin with ?"  she looked at her feet and said "I guess that means you aren't interested"   I felt bad for her trying to sell a product that people no longer want and trying to support a family by doing so.  But I just know that giving me the product for less than 1/2 price simply means that profit loss will just trickle down to the contractors trying to make a living.

Linemen better humans than installers ???? hey, I really don't care and won't get into a pissing match over it becasue the bottom line is, IT WON'T PUT FOOD ON MY FAMILY DINNER TABLE. And after all, isn't that all that really matters in this life ?
This is CABL.com posting #249212. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbcZI
Posted in reply to: Re: Everyone needs to stop working for low rates by 2brikshyvtwin
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Everyone needs to stop working for low rates 2brikshyvtwin 4/4/2009 12:44:36 AM