Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: yep

They think they are "the rulers of our lives" because we let them. Too many people in our country no longer have an attitude of I am a US citizen so I am entitled to ___________(fill in the blank). Government has been all too willing to give everything to them to garner votes.

Think about this. Obama started positioning himself to run for president almost the day he was elected to the senate. Became president and immediatly announced his reelection commitee. Stop depending on the current batch of politicians, especially Washington pols, to do ANYTHING to help the average man if it in any way could hurt his or her reelection chances. Look at the last 40 years of the history of politics in this country and tell me I am wrong.

We all need to understand, nothing is FREE. Someone, somewhere has to pay for it. This whole "Free" healthcare plan he has a 10 percent tax on the employer, 3 percent on the employee and then putting aside 640 billion in tax money when we are running record deficits. Sound free to anyone? I am far from saying helathcare in the US does not have any problems. But how about starting with common sence solutions like tort reform. Problem is tort reform is not lawyer friendly and what degree do most pols have?

We all better wake up in a big hurry, stop this insanity and return to the ideals that people died for at the founding of this country. Stop trying to make the president king. Stop depending on self serving politicians to do the right thing. We all need to be looking out for ourselves and return to self reliance. At the end of the day we are reponsible for ourselves, not some government bureaucrat. Start taking a more active roll in your government. Go to your local government meetings and see what goes on. And hold them accountable. Speak up when you do not agree with what is said. And most importanly, VOTE. Fire the bastards who do not get it, you work for me not yourself. And most importantly, vote for the best person for the job, not which "party" you belong to.
This is CABL.com posting #249138. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbcYw
Posted in reply to: Re: yep by tech!
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: yep sab3r 4/3/2009 10:02:07 AM