Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: lies

Have you ever actually dived in and studied the Bible? Have you actually exhausted all means of research to back that point of view, or is it just a thought, maybe something you heard somewhere? I can tell you one thing, when you actually set out to find the truth, and not be biased either way, you will find it. It is much easier to just ignore what God has to say to us, and turn each man to his own way, in fact that has been one of man's biggest mistakes throughout history, but educate yourself on the matter and you will have your eyes opened and your heart moved. Try "Reasons To Believe" by Hugh Ross, an astrophysicist professor from Cal State, or Lee Stroble's, "A Case For Christ." Stroble was an atheist, bent on disproving the Bible, and religion, to be a bunch of bull, as he was upset with his wife's conversion and wanted to show her she was nuts, and during the process turned his life to the Lord. He is a former reporter/editor for the Chicago Tribune and what he has to say will, if nothing else, give you views you have never been exposed to. In closing, I can simply tell you that if what I believe is wrong, and I die, I have lost nothing and had a great run, with peace, hope, and love, but if you are wrong, when you die you face what the Bible describes as eternal separation from God in a place that will bring you a world of torment. That in itself makes it worth truly checking out, and after setting out  trying to find "fire insurance" you will discover MUCH more, like a relationship with the deity of God.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #248971. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbcVP
Posted in reply to: lies by drifter957
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: lies drifter957 4/3/2009 2:34:04 AM
Re: lies drifter957 4/3/2009 2:29:48 AM
Re: lies tmarti 4/2/2009 3:42:45 AM
Re: lies mrwhomper 4/1/2009 10:01:24 PM
I'd listen to Mr. Vest... jimtobias 4/1/2009 9:38:17 PM