Create your free account now! Sign up

Wake up and smell the economy.....

Been reading alot on here regarding this issue, also heard alot of talk around the shop. Has everyone forgot or are we just ignoring the fact that the ECONOMY right now is in the crapper. Yes the pay sucks, work just isn't there, we are ALL starving right now. I see other trades taking the same turns for the worse.. I hear what yall are sayin, but that don't change the fact that I need to feed my family.. Right now it's a blessing just to even have a job, little pay or not, a few of us walking out is not going to change or fix anything. If you walk out tomorrow, there will be 10 people beating down the door to take your spot and you won't even be a memory to the MSO's.... When the ONLY requirements are: being able to pass a background check and drug test, that leaves a huge pool of laborers, skilled or not, eager and literally hungry for work.. In my limited opinion, we all should be focused more on making the best of what we have now and less on how it used to or should be. 

I may be new to the cable biz, but I been busting my ass since I was 12 in just about every other type of trade there is, the only constant variable is change. Adapt or find another trade..

just my 2 cents

This is CABL.com posting #248489. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbcN3
Posted in reply to: Re: Everyone needs to stop working for low rates by maxxpayne
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Wake up and smell the economy..... BIG TEXAN 4/13/2009 5:16:05 PM
Re: Wake up and smell the economy..... Polehiker 3/28/2009 2:36:26 AM