Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union

First of all before we talk union we have to talk unity, we as contractors must be on the same page before we can see any progress.This is the only industry that there has not been an increase in prices over the years , instead the prices has droped. I remember back in the 90's when I lived in NY depending on whatv system I worked in I had to be in the union, if I worked in the Cablevision system I did not have to be in any union but if I worked in the Time Warner system I needed to be in the union since Time Warner was unionised and Cable Vision was not. At the time it only cost me to be in the union around $32.00 a month and the nice part was that I had medical coverage for my entire family.All I had to do was as a member pay my $32.00 every month no matter what system I was working in and I was covered. NY is different to a lot of other states but if we can become a part of a union and just have to pay dues and not have them involved in our contractual agreements it will be good and we as subs will benefit because we will have medical coverage for our family at minimal cost. Instead of letting the union use us we need to use the union not for representation but for benefits and not cut one another throats but demand the right prices for quality work.
This is CABL.com posting #247924. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbcEW
Posted in reply to: Re: Union by C.HAROLD
There are 0 replies to this message