Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Not a good day for (some) Time Warner employee

I just talked to a friend at my old office and I guess instead of laying off Maintenance Techs. they are going to make them all pass "re-certification tests". If they d ont pass they are gone. Not that I think it is bad to make sure the techs. are up to snuff, I just know that this is the TWC way. They try to find a way to fire you so they don't have to as many layoffs. I was a casualty of this in January. The guy's that they laid off in Construction at my old office yesterday had a lot of years in, and the Director did not like them. One was a Construction Supervisor and the other a Coordinator. I thought the Director liked me until my upgrades were over and I was no use to him anymore. He also didn't like that when I saw something wrong, I spoke up.

Unfortunately with my TWC experience, I think that when I do finally do find another job; I will stay away from large projects and just be a "sheep" like the others. It's too bad because I liked running big high dollar projects. I guess I liked the challenge!

Rant over.
This is CABL.com posting #247683. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbcA3
Posted in reply to: Re: Not a good day for (some) Time Warner employee by splicer28
There is 1 reply to this message