Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Not a good day for (some) Time Warner employee

Sux!

I hear there coming back for round 2 out here (NC). Got rid of quite a few in this last month, mainly folks with 15+ years. They seem to be trying hard to keep women and minorities though?

They axed one of the most knowledgible construction guys I know and kept a woman and person of color that aren't exactly A team material. Not trying to really knock them, but pretty much everybody was left scratching their heads on that one???

That said, they have also axed several women in the HR dept though, again all with like 20 years with TWC (mid-50s).

Most all managers and supers are sweating it right now, especially the senior folk.

I think TWC is using the poor economy to shed their senior people and the higher paid folks. The safest place to be is a lower wage earning field tech right now?!

Thing is once the dust settles the next GM / Regional VP will end up having to restaff the company to get it back on track, I've seen the telcos do the very same thing back in the day. 

CH is about a waste of skin imo and in way over her head. I suspect she'll be gone soon as well?  
This is CABL.com posting #247575. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbczj
Posted in reply to: Not a good day for (some) Time Warner employees by racechase01
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Not a good day for (some) Time Warner employee JerseyCableGuy 3/21/2009 9:25:25 AM