Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Climbing Boots

I've owned Wesco's, Red Wing, and Carolina:

Wesco - The metal guard on the inside of the boot always falls off within the first 6 months. I've owned
two pair and it's fallen off both of them. Also, if you haven't shopped around, they're expensive. One problem
I always had was that the insoles were extremely uncomfortable, especially after I'd been climbing for a couple
hours. I always wound up going to Wal Mart and buying sport insoles from there to help make the boot
more comfortable. My biggest problem though is that I stoop a lot with my job: always on my right knee for
some reason (just a habit I guess). After about a year with each pair, the right toe would always curl up
and they became uncomfortable just to walk around. So, if you climb, ya can't beat 'em. They're some of the
best boots out there. If you do service calls AND climb, they're not the boots for you.

Red Wing - Comfortable, but the soles are like cleats. They'll pick up mud (and dogsh1t) from a mile away.

Carolina - Great all around boot. These are the boots I use now and have had these for about 2 1/2 years.
However, if you're a lineman and your living is made on the poles I don't recommend them because I can feel
the steel shank start to give after being up for only an hour or so. If you're a service tech and only climb
occasionally, these are perfect for you... and, how can you beat the price!

Hope this helps,

-J_r0kk
This is CABL.com posting #247280. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbcuy
Posted in reply to: Re: Climbing Boots by hawkeye2
There are 0 replies to this message