Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Need help with S.A. syst 3 return suppression issue

Kirk,
Do you see the 40 MHz at every amplifier? At the Node? or only at the output of the Optical Receiver in the Headend/Hub? What brand of Forward transmitters and Reverse receivers are you using? If you are dealing with Harmonic Lighwave equipment in the headend, there is a piece you should install in the nodes. Give me a call at 727-919-3590. Jim Wallace....Skope Splicing

>Has anyone out there encountered an interfering carrier @ 40MHz while trying to suppress S.A.system 3, the equipt. consists of ,high gain duals,un-balanced triples, and L.E.3's,the interfering carrier is at the same amplitude in each node,and remains pretty constant(+/-3db)throughout the system even at peak hold,we are having to use the trim networks in some locations to take out the characteristic hump, I should note that we are using 6920 low gain duals for launch amps @ the node and that I have experienced a spike @ 40MHz due to a bad optical interface,but that was only one isolated case, and this is in every node I have tested in this particular system. If anyone can give me some insight on this issue please e.mail me @ (-REDACTED-) thanks
>
This is CABL.com posting #24634. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mgzu
Posted in reply to: Need help with S.A. syst 3 return suppression issue by metelemetry
There are 0 replies to this message