Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Horse Piss.

Good man RM, he probably entrust you more with his memories, and that's saying something about you. I'll say another way you can honor this man by recording his memories(video & audio for future gens.) and as well as yours. One of my regrets is that I only did it once with my grandfather born 1897, started coal mining around 1917 retired in '68 @ 70 with over 50 yrs, with close to 30 being head electrician as he explained, winding motors/generators my hand and making tools with blow-torches not invented at the times to fit the needs. My first cousins did the same, saying gramp's(my mothers call) always talked about the same things, when I'd listen to him for hours something was always added that made the puzzle fit the more-so. In a history lived thru WWI, with DC motors from the mine supplying current dimmed by the further you lived out (which he did), The Great Depression & WWII. Now belied by snotty punks trying to prove their worth without grounds. My grandfather passed in '92 at 94, took care of my step-grandmother for 20 yr lifting her out of the tub and bed until 88, straight up Italian 1 maybe 2 generations away from the boats in a N.Y. harbor, these types of men with great women by their sides can't be copied, I look at myself.
This is CABL.com posting #246191. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbccZ
Posted in reply to: Re: Horse Piss. by RandM
There are 0 replies to this message