Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Build a Home Theater PC

Having been a inhouse splicer, and a part time contractor, I accidentally stumbled across another form of revenue two years ago.  I purchased my first flat panel lcd tv, and discovered the many ways to use it.

To my enjoyment, I found you could hook a pc up. Knowing this I built one that could handle todays entertainment, 3GB dram, dual 3GHz processor and 500GB hard drive. I also installed a video tuner card, as well as a sound card.

Long story short, when the kids friends would come over and see us browsing the internet, while watching tv at the same time on the same screen, they must have gone home and told their parents. Since then I have built/ or installed computers at other peoples homes. Not a lot, but I don't advertise and it is all word of mouth.

I have also recently pulled the plugg on my tv content provider(satellite). I have a netflicks account were I can download movies, and pull locals off the air, and use other internet options to view programs. As far as picture quality goes at times it is not as good as Dishnetwork, but depending on the format, it is better or just as good. I have not used catv for over 6 years,  but compared to the picture quality I had then from catv, it is far better.
This is CABL.com posting #246013. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbb97
Posted in reply to: Build a Home Theater PC by FiberSlasher
There are 0 replies to this message