Create your free account now! Sign up

a sad day

Well I knew this day was coming. I have listened to this man for as long as I can remember listening to radio.

Even use to catch him on tv so many years ago.

He use to fill my and others' world with an approach to the news that held us captive and enthralled for the entire time he was speaking. We would often wait and anticipate his next show.
Set our clocks to the words that were spread across the entire nation each day. His daily news, we may have heard on other vehicles of the airwaves and information that was not reported as often, were delivered in such grand style.

Always a report or 2 of the couple that had been able to surpase the pressures of the world by staying together for longer than 50 years, almost unheard of today

He would tell heartfelt stories about the people of this country left us with a good feeling in out hearts when he signed off.

He always signed off with................................................Good DAY.......

Paul Harvey is dead at 90 today and now.............................................you know.... the rrrrest of the story.

Thank you Paul for being the man you were. The moral and decent man that helped to shape some of us, if even in a small way, to be better people. May God be with you.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,502645,00.html
This is CABL.com posting #245068. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbUS
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: a sad day drifterdawg 3/2/2009 12:27:01 AM
Re: a sad day Polehiker 3/1/2009 10:07:07 AM
Re: a sad day C.HAROLD 3/1/2009 9:31:53 AM