Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How To Ride A Lasher

hey jetzon you know what you can do with that ladder.sometimes you got to get midevil to get it done.i worked in philly doing conduit(man i love that stuff)no need for a ladder of corse ,when your over-lashing and there are mid-spans and no trees is the only time you would ever need one.but ive never in all my years on a cable crew have i ever seen a ladder.even when i was a installer(yes i was a sissy installer for a year.made $330 on my first day and $330 during the last week funny how the job always lets you know when to leave,now that i think about it i was a good installer but trying to teach 73 year old women how to use their remotes is painstaking)i hooked every pole only used ladder when i had to.mid-span clamps and p-hook on the house.i was 1 of the top 4 installer of about 30 mainly because i did not have to lugg the ladder to the poles and i was a lineman with no clue at the time.the only reason i got the job is because their project manager use to see me on my hooks all the time when he was out on his jobs in the same town.(muscatine,iowa)i got the chance cause i am a lineman not a ladder jockey.
This is CABL.com posting #244947. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbSV
Posted in reply to: Re: How To Ride A Lasher by jetzon
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: How To Ride A Lasher oldlinedawg 2/28/2009 7:22:52 PM
Re: How To Ride A Lasher split-bolt 2/28/2009 11:49:59 AM
Re: How To Ride A Lasher Polehiker 2/28/2009 11:47:26 AM