Create your free account now! Sign up

can't say it if they don't like it

Well since this was moved here I will add to it. Can't see the news in the off topic.

So much for freedom of speech. I know I know. This came from Fox. Is it a lie? No.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02/12/dems-consider-reviving-fairness-doctrine/

freedom of speech will only be for people saying what the Damns...I mean Dems want to hear. It will hit the internet next. There is nothing fair about a station being forced to pay someone and for airtime for an opposing view to an entertainment show or a show that speaks the news the main stream refuses to report.

If the airwaves are public and they say that there has to be equal access then think of it this way,

the airwaves are a transport system. It is much the same as a highway.
The owner of the station has to pay for the building, the lights, the transmitter, the license, a fee for using the frequency and on and on. All of that is paid for by a private individual for using the transport system and the government maintains nothing.

The Highway is paid for also by the users. Anyone who is driving. They pay for the car, the taxes on the registration, the fee for the license, the gas, the maintenance, property and income taxes for the upkeep of the highway.

Now imaging the government wants to tell you that you have to let someone drive your car......for free. Because it isn't fair that they didn't to them that you got to use the highway system that is public and they didn't want to have to pay for the things that would allow them to use the transport system.

That is what the Damns....sorry...I mean Dems are doing.
This is CABL.com posting #243255. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbrD
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: can't say it if they don't like it VaUnder 2/13/2009 10:25:09 AM
Re: can't say it if they don't like it RandM 2/13/2009 9:39:08 AM