Create your free account now! Sign up

"Little Leroy's view of racial profiling&quot

Mrs. Winston's kindegarten class..
          Mrs. Winston: Today class we are going to learn about animal sounds. I am going to say the name of an animal then I will call on someone to tell me what sound it makes.. Does everyone understand? Ok here we go.
          Mrs. Winston: The first animal is a dog.  
                               (all the kids raise their hands eagerly)
                               Let's see, how about you Mary tell us what sound a dog makes.
          Mary: Thank you Mrs. Winston "a dog goes ruff ruff"
          Mrs. Winston: great job Mary. Ok let's try another animal. How about a frog?
                               (again all the children raise their hands eagerly. Leroy who sits in the back and is usually very vocal is trying very hard to get Mrs. Winston's attention is overlooked)
          Mrs. Winston: Hmm.. How about you Jimmy.
          Jimmy: I know this one. The frog goes "ribbit ribbit".
          Mrs. Winston: Great job jimmy! You children are very smart. Ok. How about a cow?
                               (once again all the children clearly know the answer and have their hands up but Leroy is restlessly trying to get the teacher's attention. Mrs. Winston notices but picks Janie instead.)
         Janie: Thank you Mrs. Winston. The cow says moooo...
         Mrs. Winston: Janie that was very good. Let's try one more before we move on. The last animal is a pig. Does anyone know what sound the pig makes?
                               (As before most if not all of the children are eager to answer but this time Leroy is is ecstatic and really wanting to be called upon.) Mrs. Winston reluctantly calls upon him.... Ok Leroy, tell us what sound the pig makes..
         Leroy: Out of no where Leroy jumps up on his desk, points his finger like a handgun and yells "Freeze nigga"!
This is CABL.com posting #243229. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbrd
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: "Little Leroy's view of racial profiling& Wild67 2/13/2009 9:16:05 AM