Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: interesting news

who makes anyone go and work for anyone. If you want the reward, go take the risks. I own a small contracting company right now, barely getting by, but I work every day on new things and projects which hopefully will bring me the fortune I and everyone else in the US so wants. If you want it, go do what you need to do, within the law, to get it. Stop complaining that everyone will not just give it to you because you are a US citizen. Your company treats you like crap, quit and start your own. Like they say, nothing ventured nothing gained.

And as for your comments about Presidents Bush and Obama. I don't not walk lock step with Pres. Bush or the republican party. I believe Pres Bush made some large mistakes. I believe the whole federal government should be the military, the congress and president, the supreme court and about 8 or 9 additional people, not the mess we have now.

But the big difference I see between him and Pres Obama in my opinion is Pres Bush truly believed what he was doing was right whereas I believe Pres Obama has to take a pole of all of the groups he had to rely on to get elected. All of those people (Mr Soros for one) did not give him the millions and the spotlight just for fun. They want a return for their money. Pres Bush basically pissed off everyone, even his own party, because he believed it to be right. I disagree with a lot of what he has done, but I respect someone for using THEIR OWN judgment.

I wish Pres Obama all of the luck in the world. He is my president as well as everyone else in the US's president. But some of the things we are doing right now are scary. This "stimulus bill" in a cornucopia of rejected left wing wishes that could never be accomplished in the light of day, but now because we are all scared are thrown in willy nilly. 890 Million to study bird flu? How many jobs does that create. It is maddening. People need to start voting for what is good and right for the country as a whole as opposed to what makes them have to do the least at the expense of others who have become successful.

Next time you think it is ok to "stick it to the rich", ask yourself this. What do they get for their money. What does the government do for them. Over half of the country does not pay income taxes. the top 10 percent pay 96 percent. But yet everyone wants more from the top tier but wants to complain that the top tier takes too much and they get too little. Just a bit hypocritical don't you think. Not that there are no abuses, but it is much more widespread than ceo's add vp's.

And business taxes, here is something that I cannot stand about people who what to run up all of the business taxes, "Make them pay their fair share". A business by definition pays no taxes, they are all passed on to the end user or consumer. Any company who wishes to stay in business adds up ALL of its costs, including tax liabilities, adds a profit to it and then sells it to you. Why do people think you can raise the corporate taxes to the moon and that the corporations are going to go into debt to pay them. It is insane logic. In the end you and I pay them too, but the pols stand in front of a camera and tell you they are standing up for the little guy doing this when in reality all they have done is increased their own power. They now have more money they control and spend as they see fit. And they all, democrat and republican have a stellar track record on that don't they.
This is CABL.com posting #242924. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbmi
Posted in reply to: Re: interesting news by hillhole
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: interesting news thepro77 2/10/2009 9:22:50 PM
Re: interesting news C.HAROLD 2/10/2009 8:55:56 PM
Re: interesting news sab3r 2/10/2009 8:26:18 PM