Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I Love This Bar!!!!

I started as an Installer in 1979, we were taught to climb as part of the job and it was a requirement. After a couple years installing i moved into service work and then into maintenance and then into head end work. After almost 30 years of working in this industry i have met all types of people good and bad but to sit and listen to someone try and tell me that lineman are the backbone of this industry it just makes me laugh. there is no one part of this industry any more important than the next, we all need each other to get the service to the customer, without one there would be no other. To sit and bash the crap out of a fellow industry worker shows the immaturity level of those who continue to do so. Yes, it gets a little old listening to the complaints of contract installers who are continually being taken advantage of by the companies they work for but it just might keep one of us from getting trapped by one ourselves. I also know a few good hardworking lineman that due to work volume have moved into installs to keep the bills paid and food on the table for their family and i wouldn't dare tell any one of them that they are now not men but ladder babies because they can't climb the side of a house with hooks.
This is CABL.com posting #242881. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbblB
Posted in reply to: Re: I Love This Bar!!!! by rubberband
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: I Love This Bar!!!! oldlinedawg 2/10/2009 6:10:25 PM
Re: I Love This Bar!!!! SpeedLasher 2/10/2009 3:51:15 PM
Re: I Love This Bar!!!! linedog 0001 2/10/2009 2:56:11 PM