Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time Warner Job Cut News

Talking about it around the wrong person, yes.

When a group actually organizes under the radar and has communicated with a Union rep certain laws come into play and any company has to be very careful regarding how they proceed.

I've heard the same thing for years, "if you talk about Unions they'll can your arse asap!", typical bluff talk imo, else they would have let go a lot of folks. And how do they know who supports a Union and who doesn't, the Union reps will not say and if the staff is smart they won't either.

They could speculate and randomly fire someone to make an example, but this could have the opposite reaction as intended. 

I was told HR has been treating them with kid gloves, begged them to give the company another chance to make things better, more $$$, etc. Last I heard not much had changed and things have gotten worse company wide. They did move the plant manager only to replce him with his second from the same area, but that didn't go over well. Just a token move I suspect. 

Again, when things get so bad the field staff starts looking for Union help, higher ups do notice for better or worse. Pure speculation, but I suspect this played a part in the termination of TA and possibly MH-K?
This is CABL.com posting #242535. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbf1
Posted in reply to: Re: Time Warner Job Cut News by bushmaster
There are 0 replies to this message