Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: taxes are not political

Congress thinks we all are idiots. They want us to believe that they have the average citizen at heart on everything they do, when in fact, the only thing they are worried about is getting reelected to a do nothing, perk filled job with no accountability.

Harry is right in one respect, that taxes are voluntary. The people voted in the congressmen and senators voluntarily, who then vote to increase taxes. And as long as people perceive that they are getting something for free, the citizenery cheers for it. Just like the "free" universal health care they are pushing now. The new definition of free is a charge of 10% of payroll  on employers AND 3% of employee wages to pay for it. Now I know I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but 10% and 3% doesn't sound like 0% to me.

And as far as the employee side of it, fewer co workers or lower wages and the employer demanding more from the remaining employees to have a health care plan by the same idiots who run social security and medicare. Why would anyone want the same people, who in an economic stimulus package, want to spend 800 million to study the bird flu, want those same people to handle decisions about their health care? LESS government is better government, always has been. If they would get out of the way and pass sensible laws and not ones aimed to protect one group and hurt another, things will settle out.

What Harry just said in that interview just proves something we all know, most politicals will say what you want to hear. Everyone believes that their rep or senator is the only one telling the truth and its only the rest that are liars. How else do you explain that the turn over in congress as a whole is so small. People need to pay attention. It is OUR country, not the governments. We need to hold them accountable. We also need to hold the media accountable. We all need to give up a little bit of our time to make sure we are fully informed of what all levels of government are doing, praise them when they do well, but you also need to you also NEED to let them know when they screwed up and not just sit on your hands and say "what can I do about it, I am just 1 person"
This is CABL.com posting #242345. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbcX
Posted in reply to: Re: taxes are not political by LocoDawg
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: taxes are not political superlinedog 2/6/2009 11:57:27 PM