Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: comcast v. fios

Comcast will definently have to upgrade, HFC can't compete with the FTTP. But since Comcast recnetly did sweeps, upgrades and all the good stuff not too long ago, they are going to wait it out. FIOS is the next best thing out, but (there's always a but)  they still don't don't have alot of technicians who actually know what they are doing, thats why down here in MD people either switch back to Comcast, or whatever local cable company if not DTV.  I go in at least 3 customers houses every day who will switch back to Cable, because they don't like the Verizon FIOS.  Once I get finished installing, without asking the sub the reason why, I have already found the answer. Loose Fitttings, Fittings that arent flush,  Rg 59 cable that hasnt been replaced (doesnt matter how great the signal is, fact remains rg 59 should be replaced because its capable of holding a digital signal).  Also, Verizon's "splitters" may say 5-1000mhz/1ghz, but those splitters arent worth shit.   So while they may have an excellent infrastructure and their technicians are superb telephone installers, they haven't the slightest clue about video...YET!
This is CABL.com posting #242274. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbbO
Posted in reply to: comcast v. fios by shaunz
There are 0 replies to this message