Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Mastec- What Are Your Thoughts?

Worked for them on the Fios project in the suburbs of Philadelphia doing underground work. One day it was raining cats and dogs. Caled the manager and told him we were not going out that day. Everything was soaking wet and all we would do is make a muddy mess. Tells us, dont worry. Any problems come up, I will handle them. Goes on "we are really backed up on due dates I really need your help.

Stupid me believes him, my crews go out and work and just as predicted, make a muddy mess. Hard to properly restorate mud. When the complaints came in, the same manage went out as promised and took care of it, by telling the homeowner I would go back and fix it ( at my own expense of course)

Do another one where there are gas mains up the middle of the driveway and we need to bore it. Call and tell the manager cant do it. Tells us to cut the driveway, they have a billing code for it and they will have their paver come out and repave it. Couple days later get a back charge for the paver for the difference of what Verizon pays and what the paver charged. Quit them that day and could not come up with a nice thing to say about them.

They will say and do anything to cajole you to work, and they will work even harder to make sure they meet their profit number no matter what they have to do to your invoice to get there.
This is CABL.com posting #242170. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mba98
Posted in reply to: Re: Mastec- What Are Your Thoughts? by islandcable
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Mastec- What Are Your Thoughts? JD42596 2/5/2009 7:57:35 AM