Create your free account now! Sign up

whats your worst call ever

i had a couple.....

first, back in the 90's, i got a call on thanksgiving night.  had one of those pagers that went....beep beep beep, and then a pre-recorded message would give you the address and problem (i used this plenty to call myself out just to go to the bar.)  the call was for no cable at an address.  i went to the home, checked signal at the groundblock, and it was negative.  talked to the homeowners....and of course they said that it had been like this for the past few weeks....however they waited until thanksgiving night to make the call.  i already knew that the problem was beyond the ground block, so i went to the tap.  when i pulled it apart, it was a block of ice.  so, i recut the tap.  now i had signal.  went to the ground block, still bad....so i ran a new drop to the groundblock.  replaced the block, and the additional 50 feet or so, through the wall, and to the set.  plugged in...tv sucked, but the renter/homeowner said it looked better than that tv ever seen.  monday, i rotated from service to maintenance....and had a wreck out call......for the same address.  drove 25 miles to that location, and found that the apartment burned to the ground.  apparently, they were using a salamander (kerosene blowtorch) to heat the home from the kitchen....which burned the home down sometime on saturday....2 days from when i did the call.

second worst one was in the same system. 

Christmas day...opening presents with my son and wife.....pager goes off...."NO CABLE"  gives the address, yet no other calls were coming in for that area....must be isolated i thought....ill be right back yall.  drive 25 miles to carthage, illinois....show at the address, check signal at the ground block...GOOD.  WTF?  i knocked at the door,....some hot mom anwsers, and informs me that they got a new VCR for Christmas, and didnt know how to hook it up.  the whole family must have known that dad was on crack when he made the call....no one said a word the entire time...until i was done, then they were all happy and holy with me.  husband thought i should join his church.

God I hate cable tv
This is CABL.com posting #240304. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbaF2
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: whats your worst call ever Polehiker 1/25/2009 3:24:36 AM
Re: whats your worst call ever 2brikshyvtwin 1/24/2009 9:37:46 PM