Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The best lineman??????????

apparently allen in n.c. in 1996 storm damage did not as he ran his strand 8 spans from trailer crossed hwy 17 around hamstead to a new pole set way off the road designed for widening the road. That morning me and my grunt offered help to do crossing but they were the locals and didn't need our help. Well jig end was still tied off to the 40 and his grunt gave him the bite with his back to hwy 17. 17 is a fast road back then with pass and merge lanes. Well short end is he did not have enough slack to keep strand on the ground and a small car with a young girl driving about 60 caught the strand and yanked him right out of hs belt. tore off his leg, dragged him thru a patch of trees and landed him on the hwy dead on the spot. strand came taught and flipped the car end over end. girl made it. bloody belt still hanging on the pole.. Him and I didn't see eye to eye but I would not wish that on anyone. My prayers went out to his wife and newborn. As well as J.B. cuz I am sure insurance has probably never been the same.. "LESSON" stay out of the bite, and don't be such an arrogant prick to not take an assist on a dangerous road crossing... He thought he was the best lineman.
This is CABL.com posting #240241. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbaE1
Posted in reply to: Re: The best lineman?????????? by oldlinedawg
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The best lineman?????????? oldlinedawg 1/23/2009 7:21:37 PM