Create your free account now! Sign up

At the end of the day......

.......I was burnt out on this industry (again) this past August.......but everytime I meet somebody who's company is cutting hours or laying off, I have to be thankful for what we do........yes I'm just an installer, I know I'm at the bottom of the totem poll, but I've been doin it since '98, done both cable and sat, doin cable right now......talked to the the waitress at the Waffle House this morning drinkin some coffee lettin it warm up outside a little bit, as she told me about her husbands situation at his job......and it hit me again how lucky we are, yeah it's got it's up's and down's and every job has it's faults but where I come from we make pretty damn good money, not as good as it used to be, but at the end of the day, with my education, where could I make this kind of money, because cable tv is the best babysitter in the world and that damn internet is worse than the 80's crack epidemic, they gots to have it........it's all worth while when I come home to my kids, they don't have a clue what I went through that day they're just happy to see me, and besides, the sun will rise........gotta be thankful for what we got, the ultimate love/hate relationship, thanks for listening/reading all........ be careful out there........oh the cable in the tailpipe trick is great, warms up real quick, fittins slide right on.......
This is CABL.com posting #239708. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbawq
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: At the end of the day...... american comm 1/20/2009 7:37:19 AM
Re: At the end of the day...... 2brikshyvtwin 1/19/2009 10:23:59 PM