Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Humble pie,anyone?

Two linedogs , of course, wouldnt be able to, naturally, of hand over handing a1600ft. easement piece with a 90 in it or something.You use the tools available to you. I like setting up in a sherman riley and jig 1/4 ince p-line through the trees as far as it takes to get to a point where you can throw up a  power roller to jig your package to you,of course you know you have to have swivel capability on the beckets your using, because you will always have memory in the coax which needs to spin to relieve it.With practice and the way you shoot through trees and how you lay it in there past the pole etc.,the key is jigging without rolling or wrapping your duals,which you dont want. And  start lashing which is a 2 man job anyway in the bush,how many times through the years we just said f-it and pulled the rope with 5 guys doin trunk pieces in the bush never thinkin past ol-school that indeed there is a different way around this madness.Within that respect you could jig anything clear to the moon if that was your cable mission,as long as you had 287000 miles of 1/4 p-line and a space suit.Your probobly thinking 2 guys yanking a set of duels, overlash, thru the bush like that would jack it all up, well yes it did ,at first, hell years, before I could do it with such ease as I do it now, but there is a method to my madness, my cable brother.We cant be stopped in my book,Is how true construction boys feels. 
This is CABL.com posting #239515. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbatj
Posted in reply to: Re: Humble pie,anyone? by oldlinedawg
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Humble pie,anyone? oldlinedawg 1/18/2009 8:07:34 PM