Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What's your worst expierience?

Imagine,first day on a new job,your new boss asks you to clean up, and suck up, about 2500 feet of strand that his "not so proffessional" crew attempted to build in the mountains,so that forward production can resume.You cruise to the job site, survey what you can see, then fix some make ready issues,do a little reroute through trees, so that your ready to suck the run up.Your on the pole,hoist,grip, polestrap,boltbites.Against your own basic rule of visually checking EVERY span,never allowing your butt to be in the hands of anyone you dont know, take the word of a twenty year vet that there are no power sag issues, you proceed to suck the run up tighter than a mouses ear.To the motel you go.The next morning at the shop, the power company is there,your thinking,"huh, safety meeting."The power boy asks "who climbed the suck up pole?"You raise your hand thinking "damn,did I miss something?" And say "me." He walks over to you with an incredulous look on his face,rubs the top of your head just as a worried father would his child, and says your a miracle walking, because how you sucked up at least 3 spans past neutral 8 foot above the conductor without getting bumped is beyound luck. Because, As the wind blew,it tripped 3 times which they reset.Finally,situation being "odd" walk the run out,at night,find the problems and proceed to cut down the strand in numerous locates.I have other war stories with far worse outcomes that I could have shared, but I chose this one because It was the worst situation for me ,where I again, walk away without a scratch.
This is CABL.com posting #239465. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbasv
Posted in reply to: What's your worst expierience? by sdberle
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: What's your worst expierience? SpeedLasher 1/18/2009 2:12:37 PM