Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Blonder BIDA450-50 adding Attenuators Help

Hey Joe, I agree with you there. He could turn down the gain and run with a higher input, however I believe he asked what was the best set up for these amps. In my hotels I have found the best c/n comes with around 0db to +5db of input and the amp running at about 80% to 90% gain.  Giving room for a few db. of fudge. (does depend on the amount of channels he has in total as well as tilt)
I think you call it a potato and I call it a spud haha.

My advice comes from hooking an analizer up to the amp and adjusting both inputs and outputs to achieve optimal signal quality.
I have no idea what type of system he is working with or how many amps in cascade he has. But from my experience the levels I suggested is what I have found to be best, not just what Blonder Tongue suggests.

Here is a link(not discussing these particular amps but a rough idea on how to calculate) that will give a rough idea of what your looking at so that you can determine yourself what your levels should be. The best way to determine this is to hook an analizer up to it and determine what you need for your specification. But in my world what I suggested is what has worked best for me. In my opinion input level does matter.

http://www.sencore.com/uploads/files/SignalLevels2.pdf

If you need more information to support my suggestions please feel free to shout.  

This is CABL.com posting #239006. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbak6
Posted in reply to: Re: Blonder BIDA450-50 adding Attenuators Help by Joe50
There are 0 replies to this message