Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cox cable has officially lost it now..

The reality is that Cox is losing their butts on sales to customers who can't afford it, they don't just want to pay an installer or sales person to upgrade someone's service to the max with boxes in every room if all it does is create a deliquent customer. It makes the customer think can I really afford have a box in each room and the deposits cover the bill if they don't pay.  What they are doing probably will not effect work load so much as it will just make the jobs easier box fees mean less boxes to install but people just might get one box and still hook up the other 3 TV's. Here in AZ we don't get paid to install the box it comes with the A/O so in a way I'm kinda stoked I hate installing 4 to 5 boxes in a house chuck full of junk, wiring them to old VCR's etc and not gettin paid a extra dime for it.  This is excatly the reason Dish and Direct TV do Credit Checks they want quality customers who pay their bill before they give them free stuff.  If they don't qualify with their credit score they can still get Satellite but they have to ethier put a deposit down on the equipment or buy it outright.  Cox's box deposits are still cheaper than paying for Satellite Equipment so if you have poor credit Cox is still the way to go.  So if the workload goes down a little bit that's ok it'll just get rid of some of idiot cable installers that give the rest of us a bad name.  Cox is just really locking down all the holes in thier income, they track all the installers modifications per work order now in order to track down the Creative(False) Billers and put them into a no route status.  You got installers out there who have 8 jobs in a day and bill 8 drops, 4 rework A/O's per job, any everything else they can think of to make a buck.  The best way to make a buck is just to haul a$$ and do more work than everyone else, replace the drops that are bad, if you just hauled a$$ instead of figuring out what to creative bill each job you just end up doing more jobs and making the same or more.
This is CABL.com posting #238855. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbaiF
Posted in reply to: Cox cable has officially lost it now.. by salesdawg
There are 0 replies to this message