Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Austin, TX, Time Warner pay cuts??????

If it pays so bad then why do you do it. And yes if you seen some of the installs I have seen, you would talk shit about contractors too. I've been inhouse and a contractor and the work that is seen these days should not be paid a dime for. It STINKS! How hard is it to change some cable connectors? Or run a dedicated outlet so the job is done right? If you don't do your job right because you are supposedly not getting paid enough then go find something else. Maybe the cable companies pay accordingly to the quality of work they get from you guys. Where I'm from the inhouse guys are begging to do the installs and get rid of contractors so they are done right the first time so we don't have to deal with the aftermath of a poorly done job. Sometimes taking longer to fix then it would have just doing the job right the first time. But this is also not black and white. There are actually some good contractors left and unfortunately still some hacker inhouse guys. Thats my two cents and I could care less if you agree with me or not.  Maybe some guys should compare what they make to what inhouse guys make with all the benefits. And maybe come inhouse. Possible drop in pay but in the long run you might be better off.
This is CABL.com posting #238807. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbahT
Posted in reply to: Re: Austin, TX, Time Warner pay cuts?????? by gambithook
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Austin, TX, Time Warner pay cuts?????? ActionTec 1/12/2009 10:08:33 PM