Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Does anyone know what a 'Level 2 Tech' is???

You are a Clown...  4 Phase power has been being used since the the 1940's, simple generations 101
Every power generating plant in the nation or the world has a 4 phase system in use...
It is the method they use to keep all of the generators rpm Synchronized to maintain the 60mhz cycle output.
so 2,4,8 or 12 generators on the bank all run at the same speed..

and it started with the Sawmills up in the northwest to control conveyor speed for the saws
the main saw motor was a 4 phase wound motor powered by 3 phase 4160 power and it was called the master drive motor that had a 4th winding wound into it called the P4 or control winding.. the remainder of the motors were called slave motors that were 3 phase 4160 motors, but only had single phase power ran to them.. P1 & P2 from the main power.. the P3 came from the 4th winding or the control winding..
So when the master speeds up the slaves followed and when the master slowed down the slaves followed.. basic power generation 101

I might show as a newbie.. but 37 years old school power lineman with nuclear certifications.
I have pulled more braided aluminum out of my hands then you most likely have put up in the air

Southern

This is CABL.com posting #238429. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbabN
Posted in reply to: Re: Does anyone know what a 'Level 2 Tech' is??? by andrew03251985
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Does anyone know what a 'Level 2 Tech' is??? splicecable1010 1/8/2009 10:47:02 PM