Create your free account now! Sign up

Christmas 365

Since everyone is waxing so nostalgic...and by the way why just at this time of the year do posts appear such as "Reason For The Season" type discussions? What about the other 364 days in the year? Is this the only time to shout from the rooftops JESUS IS LORD? Because as a former member of the clergy (10 yrs Minister) before cabl/sat gigs; I always emphasized the importance of keeping the spirit and attitude that Christmas brings in our heart 365 days a year.

Funny thing though Jesus never mentioned to anyone about remembering His birth. Only His death. We as Christians celebrate our glorious time at Easter! Triumphant over death.

The Gift is wonderful. People at this time of year become meek and mild like the "Babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in the manger" On Christmas Eve I encourage everyone to listen with eyes shut "Silent Night" breathe deep those verses...and then write them on your hearts so that the spirit of Christmas will permeate every day after Dec. 25th.

Because just as soon as the next day, wrapping paper thrown in trash, the sound of a million new toys being played with, will drown out that "Heavenly Peace" My challenge to my friends here is to keep the Spirit of this holiday season in your hearts until the next Dec. 25th.

Carry that spirit with you on your job, share it with your customers, sprinkle a little of it in your grocery stores, the places where you pump gas, to the ones who hand you your food at the drive-thru when it is late getting to you...basically spread that holiday cheer through out the year. You wil find it does wonders for you and others. God Bless Us All.....
This is CABL.com posting #236650. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m9I6
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Christmas 365 sab3r 12/20/2008 12:14:00 PM
Re: Christmas 365 ethu 12/20/2008 9:40:00 AM