Create your free account now! Sign up

Christmas at a bank

You can look this up on snopes....you won't find it. It is the brother of an ex girlfriend.

I know! At Barnes Bank (did I tell you this already?) while at a teller’s window I noticed an electronic sign on the wall behind the tellers that was advertising interest rates for CD’s and other bank related stuff and at the end it flashed a great big “Happy Holidays.” I asked the teller which holiday they were wishing a happy one for and she said Christmas….I asked, “Well, why not say Merry Christmas so it leaves nothing to doubt which holiday?” Just then an older lady came up and said she was responsible for the sign saying “Happy Holidays.” I asked, “Do you say Happy Holidays for the 4th of July or for Halloween, or for Valentines Day?” She said no, I say happy 4th, etc. Then I said well then, it’s Christmas and Christ is the entire REASON for the Season, so why not acknowledge that and stop trying to get rid of the REASON for the holiday by wishing everyone a Happy Holiday. She agreed, but said they didn’t want to offend non-Christians. I said, “Well, you have offended me, a Christian and this holiday celebrates the birth of my Savior and it offends me when someone wishes me a happy holiday instead of acknowledging Christ’s involvement. I turned and walked out as I said, “I’m going to re-think my banking here in the future.”
This is CABL.com posting #236433. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m9FB
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Christmas at a bank 1FARMER 12/19/2008 11:31:00 AM
Re: Christmas at a bank Lightmaster 12/19/2008 1:35:00 AM
Re: Christmas at a bank ActionTec 12/18/2008 10:03:00 PM
Re: Christmas at a bank johnbracket 12/18/2008 9:32:00 PM
Re: Christmas at a bank jjraw 12/18/2008 6:34:00 PM