Create your free account now! Sign up

What's the Point?

"This company doesn't pay, that company doesn't pay, so and so owes me money, don't work for them", and on and on. This is what a large majority of these discussion look like. As an outsider (never being in the industry at all) someone would get on this forum and think everybody was crazy to be in the biz. I've been in it over 12 years, on every level, so I am not the outsider, but it's true, why do we do it. We are the enablers, we promote this activity. The same guys that are not getting paid are the same guys that are on here looking for the next great gig, on the first day of the new gig. Now I am generalizing, and it seems to be mostly installers, but is it me, or is nobody making any money. There are crooked MSO's, crooked contract companies, crooked installers, and the vicious circle continuous. CFL. By the time guys are not getting paid, losing retainers, paying out gas, insurance, taxes, missing work changing companies, etc, what is actually being made? The industry needs to change, there's no question about that, but how, and when? I'm sure we will have National Health Care in place before this industry really makes a change for the better.

So with so much money being lost, and no hope for the future, why do we do it? What's the point?
This is CABL.com posting #235645. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m9sT
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: What's the Point? sammy1603 12/13/2008 10:56:00 PM
Re: What's the Point? cablegyswfla 12/13/2008 5:00:00 PM
Re: What's the Point? Gwester843 12/13/2008 3:28:00 PM
Re: What's the Point? joeatstellar 12/13/2008 2:09:00 PM
Re: What's the Point? dshdwg 12/13/2008 2:06:00 PM