Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Houston We Have A Problem Revisited

I completely agree complaining never achieves much for the person doing it. The only reason it turns into a book of complaints in most cases (in my opinion) is because people do not pay what they say when they say and it just aggravates the piss out people.

For instance you say. Pay is 30 days or 3 weeks out... Here is the scope of work, and here are the rates for that scope of work. I show up and perform for 30 days or 3 weeks. Pay up, period. I don't want to hear this excuse and that excuse. I want the same timely performance on the pay I deliver on the work. I also want the same quality of payment in that the amount is correct that I deliver on the work.

If just that would happen, the rest of the book of most complaints become just a bunch of typical cable bs and not fuel to the fire.

I also agree the construction side of the business is much better whether you are doing line work, splicing, or sweep. On that side of the business you do get your independence back which is very appealing to people who just like to get up and go knock out some quality production work.

Is your answer to a pay problem, forget about it and get a different type of job?
Need some unscheduled time off? Just say no
This is CABL.com posting #234118. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m84g
Posted in reply to: Re: Houston We Have A Problem Revisited by Polehiker
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Houston We Have A Problem Revisited Werfer1 11/28/2008 6:54:00 PM
Re: Houston We Have A Problem Revisited Polehiker 11/28/2008 4:09:00 PM