Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bad Day at the Office

Before I got into cable I was an industrial painter. One part of the job I hated was painting the inside of acid hauling tankers. The problem was the lack of decent ventilation in the tankers. Now, I was using a face mask that provided fresh air, via an air hose. But, the only way to protect the rest of your body was with a rain coat with duct tape closing off all the orifices(sleeves, legs and waist.) Well, it takes time to spray paint the inside of a 50 ft tanker and the paint hardens in a matter of minutes, so once you start, there is no stopping or the paint hardens, ruining several thousand dollars in equipment. When your inside the fumes attack your sweat glands. All of them! At first you think, my head burns but not bad. Next the fumes make it to your arm pits and you think, WOW that burns but I'm okay. Your ass hole is the next "sweat spot" to be affected. At this point your thinking, **** my ass is on fire. Well, I have to tell you, once your balls light on fire all your thinking is, I have to get out of here right now! Yeah, right now, thats all that is going through your head. Problem is you have to finish the job, and I must say its hard to do when all you can think is the blow torch on your boys. If you stop for more than a few minutes, your explaining to the boss why you just cost the company $$$$$. I never lost any equipment when painting one, but only because I'm too stupid to know when to say enough is enough.
This is CABL.com posting #234054. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m83e
Posted in reply to: Re: Bad Day at the Office by l8rb
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Bad Day at the Office theloner1950 11/28/2008 6:29:00 AM