Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: ??????????

Wide Open West or WOW as they are referred to was a 3000 subscriber cable system until Dec 1999 when they bought Ameritech’s New Media division. (catv). Ameritech sold off these properties as part of there sale to SBC. SBC did not want to be associated with any cable holdings as they were strictly a Telco.

Once the sale was completed WOW became an MSO with holdings in Chicago, Michigan and Ohio in addition to there Colorado system. These systems were originally over built by Ameritech in competition with the local cable companies and were acquired by the WOW group.

I worked as a trainer for Ameritech when they first launched the cable systems teaching construction, installation, maintenance, service and installs. I later worked as a contractor managing the Ohio systems for the first year of there existence as WOW while they hired and trained there own staff to take over they systems.

I have not heard of any new expansion but it would only make since for them to continue to grow as a company. They seemed to have a good business plan and the ability to execute it.
This is CABL.com posting #231848. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m8tE
Posted in reply to: ?????????? by semper fi cable guy
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: ?????????? matt reedy 11/12/2008 7:16:00 AM