Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Aerial drops

Pay no attention to these nay sayers here. It's very simple if you use the right tools. The first thing you must do is get your can of A.I.R. out of your tool bin. I can't tell you how often I use A.I.R. seems like everyday I need to use it. Anyway don't worry about using to much the more A.I.R. the better.
So after you use the A.I.R. hook your drop up to your Butt-fore with some Chowline. Make sure you use a good amount of Chowline or the crack in the Butt-fore will open up and then you could find yourself in a whole world of s#&t and nobody wants that. After you get your drop secure to the Butt-fore with the Chowline start pulling. If it sticks use some more A.I.R. if it still will not move use your left handed. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! it must be a Left Handed Bell Wrench or you could strip the thread's on the Butt-fore and as I said before you'll find yourself in a whole world of s@#t, After you get your new underground aerial drop to the house Use some more A.I.R. and carefully remove the Chowline and the Butt-fore and your done. Now if your pulling from the house to the tap just repeat the above steps backward. If you still need help or don't have A.I.R., Chowline or a Butt-fore just call your supervisor or another technician and ask them for anything your missing I'm sure they will be more than willing to help you out.(clap)
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #230955. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m8ff
Posted in reply to: Aerial drops by rookiecableguy
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Aerial drops Gwester843 11/3/2008 4:10:00 PM