Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Gts?

Thanks guys. I was just curious.
It is a beast of there own making.
Having that many miles of plant and expecting to get so much done at once brings out all of the less qualified.
Keep in mind that sweep is a task. We as an industry should expect the standards to be high.
The prices are in the dirt as over the last 10 years msos have pushed to get fcc certs to offer the services turning a blind eye to all of the cheating. It got the plant running and put all the possible blame on the prime contractors. Meanwhile the return was fired up and being used. They usually booted one prime and held pay only to bring in another knowing the same thing would happen. They didnt want to spend the money to really fix the issues.
They just wanted somebody else to hold the responsibility for any liability. They let the profession become a joke not holding any standards as to the caliber of technician that worked the system. They pushed the primes to hire anybody who new function 2 and function 6.
Now the prices are low and the expectations are high again.
Now that they realize they screwed themselves at 750 upgrade and yet want to do another upgrade for bandwidth, this time they want there mistake from before cleaned up for free.

I welcome strict standards and hope that the industry takes a long look at that upgrade and learn a lesson before they throw away another large sum of money for nothing more than return activation and a forward balance with fake pictures. What "sweep" has become.
I mean no offense to any tech but we all know there are many a tech out there with an sda5ooo yet without a clue as to what it all really means or the ethics to do the job right.

Maybe with strict standards and high expectations, all of you real sweep techs who take pride in the skill it takes to truly sweep and certify a system can once again be paid properly for a job well done.
Stand tall and weather the storm, as the weaker skilled techs come and go you all who make it through shall prove your dedication and professionalism
If it continues those who cannot hang shall go back to splicing or whatever it is that they really do excel at and leave the sweep to the techs who really know what they are doing.
Sweep is not just a picture, it is truly fixing and aligning the system fixing issues and the beginning of preventative maintenance.
I am an optimist and at times have been laughed at for my vision.
I take pride in the skills that I have and I love a challenge.
Should the industry change back to higher standards eventually the prices will rise as only the techs who can locate and repair the tough issues will survive.
Keep your fingers crossed and never compromise your ethics due to lack of compensations.
Welcome this new era as it will clean out the hacks. Dust off your skills that have been forced to be hidden over the past decade.
PTV is just one of many standards of sweep. Ringing, roll offs, suck outs, anomalies man those are just basic sweep issues.

Every issue no matter how small is caused by something not correct. If found and fixed while small you prevent future complications. What is just a small issue today if left unchecked usually gets worse tomorrow. As we all can see when doing a 1 gig upgrade just a few years after a 750 upgrade.
10 years ago they just wanted that 35 fired up, now the competition is here stealing customers and they are wishing they woulda fixed it lastime.

Ok I am done ranting, maybe if the MSOs see the light and continue this trend of actual sweep I will see you guys in a system near you. Keep up the good work and know that you guys can show these MSO's we are worth more.
Quality costs more than quantity.
Peace bros (snipper)
This is CABL.com posting #230817. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m8c1
Posted in reply to: Re: Gts? by shovelhead
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Gts? shovelhead 11/2/2008 2:44:00 AM