Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: squirrel stories

Use to work in Pa years ago, the place is full of tree rats. Well anyway to make a long story longer. I climbed a pole in a rear easement to do some splicing and noticed that the damn squirrels had chewed a hole in the top of a large phone boot. I didn't think to much about it belted off and pulled up my splice bag same as always. So I lean out over the phone boot so I can move the bug nut nothing new so far right....... Just after get stretched out out of the boot pops a tree rat it starts chattering and making all manor of sounds them jumps on me runs up my side to my arm and down the cable. Well after I put my heart back into my chest I went back to moving the bug nut and no sooner that I got stretched out again two more of the little bastards came out of the same boot this time one ran up the pole to power and the other took off in the opposite direction of the first. So once again I put my heart back into my chest them grabbing my bell wrench from my belt I smacked hell out of the boot to make sure there were no more hiding out in there. To this day if I see a phone boot that has a squirrel hole in it I smack once or twice.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #230364. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m75I
Posted in reply to: Re: squirrel stories by oldlinedawg
There are 0 replies to this message