Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: thinking of getting into

......they are the pimps we are the whores but anyways.......yeah in sat you pay for your wire, etc but you get paid more per outlet and you don't perform as many installs a day but you pay for it in gas, oh do you pay for it in gas, yes I said it twice, depending on where you live, if you are in a big city, cable, a little bit smaller city with a bunch of small towns around it with no cable system, satellite, I lived in Atlanta for years doing cable, made a ton, moved to Augusta, did ok in cable but you have the couple of slow times a year, but satellite down here is constant, of course the HD these days helps out with all these tv's being hung in the more "exclusive" neighborhoods (old money down here) but Mastec moved in a couple of years ago, so I'm going back to the Atl and using my brain again, you kind of have to know what you're doing in cable as far as triple play but I mean no disrespect to anybody but a chimp can put up a dish, how hard is it you have a lnb, ground block or switch and a receiver....duh... oh and line of sight....is there something in the way or not...not rocket science..............yes I know getting somebody on line is so much easier than 6, 7 years ago, everybody has a nic card now, etc..... but still it takes a little more knowledge and skill....and I personally think it also depends on the system you're working on as well...........just my 2 or 22 cents......but yes you can make a decent living, it's up to you and your work ethic
This is CABL.com posting #229439. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m7QN
Posted in reply to: Re: thinking of getting into by SATMAN/MEMPHIS
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: thinking of getting into hookman 81 10/20/2008 8:08:00 PM