Create your free account now! Sign up

Karma????

Well it was a good day today/last night. I hit a rough patch back in Aug and have been trying to see my way out of it. I could have let the guys that work for me take a big hit and they could have ended up looking for work elsewhere. But I’m the boss and the and as Harry Truman said “THE BUCK STOPS HERE” and it just isn’t in me to let the people that work for or with me get hurt, be it physical or financially. So anyway after I got the mess straightened out took my licks and packed it up and left wondering where I was going next I decided to wait and see what would happen. I floated my resume and got a few offers but none that would meet my needs and things were not looking good at all. Then as I said today/last night things started to turn around dramatically.
First my favorite team Green Bay won their game on top of that my favorite Quarterback Bret Favre and the Jets won theie game(clap) and then just to make it even sweeter the 2 teams I dislike the most lost Cowboys and the 49er’s.(roll)
But it gets even better, a friend of mine called me up and offered me a job that pays almost twice what I was making and will allow me to continue my life over here in Asia a place I truly have grown to love. I guess that karma thing is true…..well got to go now and teach my girlfriend how to make chili, she has never had it, I’ll try not to make it tooooo hot for her(fire)
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #228873. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m7HF
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Karma???? LocoDawg 10/13/2008 5:31:00 PM
Re: Karma???? Northwest One 10/13/2008 8:17:00 AM
Re: Karma???? oldlinedawg 10/13/2008 8:16:00 AM
Re: Karma???? MikeEd 10/13/2008 4:09:00 AM