Create your free account now! Sign up

Batten down the hatches...alternative energy

Hi everyone! I have not been around for awhile so I could explore alternative energy sources.

A friend of mine has been in solar for over 25 years and asked me to come on board. It seems a lot of people are interested in alternative ways of living. My friend says either you own it or rent it!

So I go on site surveys and calculate the size PV system they will need to become independent of Edison. I then suggest they get the hot water they need from the sun as well.

I guess most of the other countries in the world use solar domestic water heaters while us American fat cats prefer to pay for it instead.

I am learning a lot. I am also learning the reasons why we don't all go this way. The big utility plants and the government tell us we should all go green and give us incentives to do so, then turn around and make it real difficult to get the rebates.

My friend has been waiting over 120 days for a rebate on a commercial gig (I told him he should work in cable).

He who has the gold makes the rules.....they say in the next 10 years that 25% of all work will be within the "Green" industry.

What do you all think? Any thoughts will help me on my journey in this business.

Thanks in advance
Gal(bow)
This is CABL.com posting #228463. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m7A3
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Batten down the hatches...alternative energy Lightmaster 10/7/2008 9:34:00 PM
Re: Batten down the hatches...alternative energy cabledog 10/7/2008 5:54:00 PM
Re: Batten down the hatches...alternative energy Splicer Life 4me 10/7/2008 4:42:00 PM