Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Why

As long as the MSO's end customer is getting what they somewhat expect, it would take 90-180 days before the MSO would find out just how shoddy the work they are getting really is...that's what they hire contractors for: so they don't have to get dirty themselves...by then the prime has collected two to five months of billings to pay his best subs with (at 50% or less of collections), ties up (blows off) the others with claims of repair issues, and offers to cancel his contract rather than 'sue' the MSO for unpaid work, and disappears. He then (maybe) moves 30-60 miles to the next town and lights up a new name, and snags the contract to fix his first contract by using his newly hired 'manager'.
After enough rounds for the MSO to get wise, go to the next MSO and start again.

I have found myself working for that guy twice, and now I stay out of cable and stick with sat and home theatre on my own. The only real issue I've had since then is getting access to system upgrade info in a timely manner...but since both major sat players have recently begun to bring their installs 'in house', I find it may be time to go somewhere else for employment (since that dagnabbit lottery won't pay!).
L-8-R-B
This is CABL.com posting #228334. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m7yY
Posted in reply to: Re: Why by cabledog
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Why cabledog 10/4/2008 12:42:00 PM