Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Best OTDR

I have a GN netest CMA 4000. It has been a standard in the industry for years. The problem is the software is a bitch to use unless you are at one with computers. EXFO has come out with some great units. A friend of mine that I work with has a EXFO FTB-200. This is a great unit. It has all the power you need and is user freindly and for half of what my CMA costs. A lot of my test equipment is made by NOYSE. I like it because it is simple to use and so is the software. I just saw a demonstration of they're new OFL250 and was very impressed. It had all the features I need at an unbelievable price of $4300.00 . The great thing about Noyes is they're customer service. It is the best I have ever experienced. They will stay on the phone with you all day if that is what it takes. The bad thing with this equipment is it becomes obsolete in a short period of time. I bought my CMA4000 in 1997 for 23,000.00 and very few systems will accept it's results today. The good thing is the new equipment has come down in price a lot. Hope this helps you...Bill
This is CABL.com posting #228110. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m7vm
Posted in reply to: Best OTDR by up2oneghz
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Best OTDR Chris13 10/2/2008 11:43:00 AM