Create your free account now! Sign up

Getting trianed

I had somebody ask me on here, how did I get trained? I figured that this person either just curious or wants to learn more and don't know how to go about it. Like alot of guys and gals on here, I started out as a contractor doing installs. After work was going down I decide to go in-house for stability. After doing installs for awhile, I started to get curious on how a cable system works. I then started to ask questions about things like, whats a LE, how does the internet work and the stats on a modem, and how do we get different channels. What I started to do after I got done with my work orders, I would chase down a maintence tech or a service tech. After bugging the hell of the maintence tech on teaching me. He started me out on all different style of connectors, splices, mainline splitters and various small mainline items. If you get the RIGHT maintence tech that has been in the business for at least 20 years. They will teach a-z.

C-COR has a small book that alot of us call the bible. Find somebody that is willing to give up and study it. It will show you alot for such a small book.

Basically after all that I said. I bugged the hell out of people until I found the answer.(confused)(read)(sleep)
This is CABL.com posting #226959. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m7cN
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Getting trianed hookman 81 9/14/2008 12:38:00 PM