Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Aerial guys - what does it mean to

This is going to be a long winded discussion..
to make it clear and simple..

The Power Company OWNS the poles you are attaching your crap on.. they really don't want you there.. but the FCC says that you can be there if you have a permit to be there..sure you have to pay for that attachment .. but what the pole owner wants is not to be interfered with the other invaders of their space.. so they make the rules.. because they own it.. and if a main line is framed on the south side.. they like all of the invaders of their space to follow suit.. Not take the easy way and use the north side.. there is a reason the PC (Power Company) selects the side of their pole they place their lines on and their equipment on.. and it is designed by many men that set in a office that do wind load assessments on their poles so then just because all of their lines and hardware is placed on the backside of a pole..due to some power engineer design.. some telco or catv guru comes along and says hey they are on the back .. we can drive this stuff off.. just lay it on the ground.. we can suck it up.. sure there are some drop services .. work around it.. So we now have Power on the back Side.. on poles we own.. and have invaders on the front side.. Oh Well we now have what is known as a pole violation ..
they are not a problem as long as the pole stays intact.. .. ok power's on the south.. telco's on the north with a 520ct tp and cable with a 700tx & 625 with a 750 count fiber... of I forgot that Telco has a 832 count on their run.. Well then .. Mr mean ass Cat 3 comes thru and cracks some of my poles .. slaps my primary's I have 30,000 to 300,000 customers out.. the poles are still up .. but I need to change that pole that has a 75kva trans on it and it is loaded with invaders... and they blocked my exit side.. I see telco splicers, catv construction,fiber splicers.. use your brains

sorry for this long drawn out story.. but it is a fact

Southern
This is CABL.com posting #226851. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m7a3
Posted in reply to: Aerial guys - what does it mean to "box" a pole? by cablejoe2002
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Aerial guys - what does it mean to Ramblin Man 9/13/2008 9:53:00 AM