Create your free account now! Sign up

Rich the Cabledog ...'GETS HIS WISH"

Looks like Cabledog might get his wish . It was only a couple of weeks ago you wished a hurricane would hit us here in Hurricane Alley N.C. , now I feel like Hanna go away . The thing that worrys me is what happens when she hits the gulf stream that 47miles offshore here in Morehead City N.C. . If the eye is on the eastern side of the gulf stream we will be ok as the storm usually follows the warm waters of the gulf stream northward , but if the eye is on the western side , that , means the storm is between the gulf stream and our barrier island . The Gulf Stream has warmer waters than the rest of the ocean and when a hurricane reaches these warmer waters it can intensify rapidly . Hey Rich , sometimes you get what you wish for Bro . How about Ike????? Looks like a fire ball , hell bent on destruction in South Florida to me. I'm not counting chickens before they hatch this time . Gustav was a disappointment , but for the most part it spared New Orleans and that a good thing . With Ikes projected path I don't see much in his way to slow down his intensity , all the bamaha Islands I've ever visited are flat and Ike is a bulldozer , I'd sure pack everything I wanted to take and get the heck out of the bamahas and south florida .If nothing changes Ike will be the next Andrew . Andrews millibars were at 922 when it impacted florida top winds of 165 sustained . Ike is now at 935 millibars ,and 145 sustained . Capable of catastrophic damage . A cat 5 can come ashore with 60ft waves , I could only imagine the impact that would have if the eye came on shore in Ft.Lauderdale along the Galt Ocean Mile , all those skyscraper condo's would be torque tested . I wouldn't even feel safe in a hurricane shelter if a cat 4 or 5 were coming . Stay tuned and thanks for reading my comments .(usa).."WHITFIELD.." The Big Duck....(sunny)
This is CABL.com posting #226181. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m60f
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Rich the Cabledog ...'GETS HIS WISH" cabledog 9/4/2008 1:49:00 PM